On Wednesday, August 10, the Geosynthetic Institute will present one of its most-popular webinars: “Lifetime Predictions of Nonexposed and Exposed Geosynthetics.”
A most-frequently asked question regarding all types of geosynthetics is, “How long will they last?” This webinar answers the question for exposed geotextiles and geomembranes assuming that they were properly designed and installed. It compares new results to earlier lifetime prediction results on a covered geomembrane.
Webinar participants will gain familiarity of how lifetime prediction of all polymeric materials are made, including geosynthetics.
- Learn about lifetime prediction methods for polymers.
- Learn specifically about the methodology with respect to geosynthetics.
- Learn about the nonexposed halflife of HDPE geomembranes.
- Understand that lifetime of nonexposed geosynthetics are generally far greater than typical civil engineering applications and other components.
- Learn about lifetimes of 19 different geosynthetics under simulated exposed conditions.
The instructor is Dr. Robert M. Koerner, professor emeritus of civil engineering at Drexel University and director emeritus of the Geosynthetic Institute.
11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. (ET), Wednesday, August 10, 2016
GSI members $200 USD
Non-GSI members $250 USD