The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) announced in an Aug. 24 press release that is continuing its exhibit hall “learning lab” from the Portland, Ore., Environmental Connection show. But in 2016 in San Antonio, it will be renamed the Learning Lounge and it will be in the Town Hall in the center of the exhibit hall.
The press release said: “This year we are continuing with the same set up from Portland and are using a more relaxed and welcoming lounge setup. It was very well received last year and we think the attendees will really enjoy the new setup and the comfortable furniture. “
The release noted that the 2016 Environmental Connection Learning Lounge is designed to feature new product introductions and product application demonstrations. It will be open during exhibit hall hours on Thursday, Feb. 18, and Friday, Feb, 19.
The press release offered this general information about the Learning Lounge:
• Product introductions and product demonstrations will take place in the Learning Lounge, located in the EC’16 Town Hall area during expo hall hours only on Feb. 18 and 19.
• Each session will be a half hour with 15 minutes between to tear down/set up.
• Presentation title, presenter name, and marketing statement (two sentences) must be submitted to IECA to confirm reservations. There are nine presentation times available—first come, first served.
• The IECA Learning Lounge will consists of couches and chairs for attendees and a screen (presenters must provide their own computer).
Additional EC’16 guidelines included:
• Vendor must be an exhibitor to participate.
• This presentation is meant as a demonstration not a sales pitch. We are less interested in the product, more interested in how it applies to certain environments, how it’s installed, and how it’s maintained.
• Do not make derogatory statements about competition or a competitor’s product.
• Spaces are first come, first served; deadline for reservations is Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015.
For more information, contact Nikki Strong at IECA: 303-640-7554, email@example.com.