The mission of the North American chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS-NA) is to provide leadership in advancing geosynthetics education and research to attain their appropriate and widespread use as engineering materials.
To advance that mission, IGS-NA president, John Henderson, has initiated a Call for Nominations for the upcoming election of members to serve on the next IGS-NA Board of Directors.
IGS-NA seats open for election are:
President–Elect (one seat)
Each new president-elect will serve one 2-year term of office in that capacity, followed by one 2-year term as president, followed by one 2-year-term as past-president. As president-elect, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the president and performing assignments directed by the president and/or the IGS-NA Board of Directors.
Treasurer (one seat)
The treasurer will serve a 2-year-term. The treasurer is responsible for managing the finances of IGS-NA.
Vice President (three seats)
Vice presidents will serve a 4-year term. Vice presidents are responsible for representing members of IGS-NA and performing assignments directed by the president and/or the IGS-NA Board of Directors.
- Nov. 4–18, 2016—Call for Nominations
- Dec. 1, 2016—Nominations Committee sends a slate of nominees to the Board of Directors for approval.
- By Dec. 31, 2016—Ballot is developed and made ready for distribution to IGS-NA members.
- Jan. 1–27, 2017—Voting period on candidates for officers and board members.
- Feb.1, 2017—Successful candidates are notified and election announcements made.
- March 12–15, 2017—Officers and board members will take office at the next General Assembly of the IGS-NA in Orlando, Fla., during Geotechnical Frontiers 2017.
Henderson’s announcements stated: “To nominate someone or yourself, please email the requested information to Info@IGS-NA.org: name, title sought, company/institution/organization name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as a 150-word description about involvement in the geosynthetics industry and reason(s) for running for the seat.”
Comments, questions, or for more information, contact the Chairman of the IGS-NA Nomination Committee and Past-President Bob Mackey (firstname.lastname@example.org).