The Denver, Colo.-based International Erosion Control Association (IECA) announced in a press release last week that it is establishing a new chapter in Canada. This new IECA chapter now marks Canada’s educational and networking resource for stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, and stream protection and restoration.
“We are very excited to have the Canadian Chapter of IECA become a valuable part of our organization,” said IECA Executive Director Sharan Wilson. “We believe that the large and diverse community in Canada will find value and benefits in the IECA programs and initiatives.”
The press release noted that in addition to educational programs, workshops, and events, the chapter will advocate on behalf of the Canadian erosion and sediment control, and stormwater industries.
The Canadian Chapter of IECA is led by:
- Glenn MacMillan, president
- Harry Reinders vice president
- Mark Myrowich, treasurer
- Ron D. Bisaillon Jr., secretary
- Trent R. Hatfield, provincial representative
- Timothy M. Egler-Wiome, provincial representative
- Robert G. Wills, provincial representative
- Giles Rivard, provincial representative
- Jamie P. McCamon, provincial representative
For more information: www.canieca.org