Registration for GeoChicago 2016 opened last Friday, April 22, for the conference, “Sustainability, Energy, and the Geoenvironment,” August 14–18 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in downtown Chicago.
This conference is organized by the American Society of Civil Engineers’ (ASCE) Geo-Institute. It promises to explore the expanding geotechnical disciplines developing in response to global concern about sustainability, energy, and the geoenvironment. Up-to-date advances in characterization, modeling, design, construction, and field performance are scheduled from worldwide experts. The education program includes about 400 technical presentations, distinguished keynote speakers, short courses, panel discussions, posters, industry exhibitors, technical tours, and networking opportunities, according to conference organizers.
GeoChicago 2016 also presents a venue for:
- gaining state-of-the-practice and -art knowledge in the areas of sustainability, geoenvironmental engineering, and energy geotechnics.
- networking with geoenvironmental engineering colleagues from around the world.
- learning from top leaders in the geoenvironmental engineering profession through special plenary sessions, panels, and technical sessions.
- visiting exhibitors to find the latest tools to help your organization all in one spot.
- earning professional development hours (PDHs) to maintain your professional licensure.
- experiencing Chicago culture offered at museums, top restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues.
In addition to conference registration, sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities for this event are also available now.