Contributions sought for EC-’14 in Nashville
The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) is currently accepting submissions for its annual Environmental Connection conference and exhibition. The 2014 event is Feb. 25-28 in Nashville, Tenn.
Presenting for IECA gives you the ability to share insights and content with peers, enhance your professional development, learn from your colleagues, and gain recognition for your advancements in the field.
Professionals involved with erosion and sediment control and related issues are encouraged to submit an abstract:
- Contractors: Demonstrate effective approaches of installation, equipment, innovations and business management.
- Design professionals: Describe new approaches to design challenges, present case studies on difficult projects or explain the latest design tools.
- Government personnel: Provide information on regulatory policy or demonstrate the economic and environmental benefits of your programs.
- Researchers/inventors: Present the data that advances new technology, explores new concepts, and challenges traditional approaches.
- Manufacturers: Describe the latest advancements in product technology and applications.
Conference dates and location:
February 25-28, 2014
Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Nashville, Tenn., USA
Important dates and information:
- Failure to meet a deadline will result in the cancellation of the opportunity to present.
- All speakers are required to register for the conference. IECA will offer a generous speaker discount on the registration fees; however, acceptance of your presentation does not include complimentary registration of any kind.
- May 31-Abstracts due to IECA. Presenters: biography, marketing paragraph, and presenter photo due to IECA.
- July 1-Instructors/presenters notified of abstract submittal acceptance.
- July 26-Technical paper due to IECA. Full- and half-day instructors: signed instructor agreements with audio/visual requests, biography, marketing paragraph, and instructor photo due to IECA.
- Aug. 30-Technical paper presenters notified of course/paper acceptance.
- Sept. 27-Conditional papers due for re-review.
- Dec. 13-All course instructors: Presentations due to IECA (PowerPoint presentations must have acceptable proprietary approval).
- Jan. 10-All full- and half-day course presentations due to IECA. This only applies to those who have no revision to their Dec 13, 2013, submission or conditionally accepted presentations that have had a request for modification
- February 25-28-Presentations at Environmental Connection 2014 in Nashville.
Suggested content and hot topics:
- Stormwater volume control from construction sites
- Computing runoff hydrographs for small construction areas
- Cost-effectiveness of temporary seeding
- Comparing various soft armoring techniques of construction slopes
- Practices and standards
- Oil and gas successful revegetation practices
- MS4 management changes to meet new EPA rules
- Proper installation of rain gardens and other green infrastructures
- National perspective update on effluent limitation approaches across the country
IECA has developed four educational tracks in which abstracts will be organized for review (these replace our technical sections). You will be asked to select a track during the submittal process.
- Erosion and sediment control
- Stormwater management
- Surface water restoration
- MS4 management
Types of presentations:
- Technical paper
- Case study
- Forum/panel discussion
- Full- and half -day courses
- Product practicum