A new design guide for using “subgrade enhancement geotextiles” (SEG) in road construction has been produced by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).
The 18-page document is intended to assist pavement design engineers in five areas:
- What are SEGs and what functions do they serve.
- How to determine if geotextile materials are needed for a project.
- How to determine the material’s engineering properties.
- How to install and how to construct new pavement using geotextiles.
- Calculating cost savings, in the amount ofaggregate, by using geotextiles
For more information and to examine this guide: