For many years, gravel and pipes have been used to provide a good liquid drainage and gas collection solutions for buildings and sports fields. Today, enhanced flow drainage geocomposite DRAINTUBE FT/ST offers advantages in performance, cost and environmental footprint reductions.
Enhanced flow drainage geocomposite DRAINTUBE offers many advantages for drainage over gravel layers, including:
- Cost savings: There is no need to spend money to travel back and forth to a quarry to gather granular material.
- Logistics and security: The use of DRAINTUBE reduces the truck traffic and the the impact on nearby residents from noise, dust, decreased accessibility, etc. It also increases the security on-site and around the site.
- Construction: It is much easier and faster to install DRAINTUBE FT/FTF on a low foundation than a layer of granular material on a geotextile separator. Enhanced flow drainage geocomposite DRAINTUBE also decreases the environmental footprint of the project through a significant reduction of Greenhouse gas emissions.
For Buildings, DRAINTUBE FT/ST/FTB is used for:
- Rainfall water drainage for green roofs or potable reservoirs
- Ground water drainage under concrete slab
- Contaminated soils gas/radon collection under a concrete slab
For gas collection under a concrete slab, DRAINTUBE can be positively connected to the gas network using the Quick Connect System. This all-in-one solution makes it possible to connect directly the pipes of the DRAINTUBE to the vent pipe and expand the negative pressure under the slab.
For Sports Fields DRAINTUBE Sport FT/ST 4 can:
- Save an average of 50% on the cost of building a granular foundation
- Increase the field drainage system performance with a better response time than a gravel layer
- Increase the playable time of the field
For more information, visit https://www.draintube.net/sports-field.