The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) announced it is now accepting nominations for the society’s Outstanding Projects and Leaders (OPAL) awards. The OPAL awards honor exceptional civil engineering leaders whose lifetime accomplishments have contributed innovation and excellence in one of the five following categories:
- Construction: Candidates in this category are senior-level professionals whose primary responsibility is to oversee significant construction projects.
- Design: Nominees in design are practitioners who are directly charged with hands-on design projects.
- Education: Candidates in the education category are professors and deans whose careers are marked by achievements that direct or change the course of civil engineering education.
- Government: Those chosen for honor in this category are civil engineers at work on public service construction projects or those who direct large government projects.
- Management: Nominees in this category are senior managers of civil engineering organizations, whose primary responsibility is to oversee and direct operations.
Each OPAL award recipient will receive a trophy at a gala banquet on March 14, 2019, at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, Virginia.
The nomination deadline is June 1, 2018. To download the nomination form, including more information about the materials necessary to submit an OPAL award nomination, visit https://tinyurl.com/ASCEOPALawards.