On March 14, 2018, the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) and the European Federation of Foundation Contractors (EFFC) announced the keynote lecturers and the invited speakers for the 2018 DFI-EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement at Sapienza University in Rome, Italy, June 5–8, 2018.
Eight industry experts will present keynote lectures during parallel sessions at the conference:
- “Codes, New Technologies and Quality in Deep Foundations,” Maurice Bottiau, Franki Foundations, Belgium
- “Artificial Ground Freezing in Underground Construction: Engineering Challenges and Research,” Giulia Viggiani, Ph.D, Cambridge University, U.K.
- “Scientific Approach to Pile Design,” Alessandro Mandolini, Università degli Studi della Campania, Italy
- “The Sochi Case: The First Real Comparison Between NATM and ADECO-RS,” G. Lunardi, Tre Esse Engineering S.r.L., Italy
- “Data Management Systems and Project Visualization with Extended Reality Devices and Holographic Projections,” Massimo Mucci, Bencor Global Inc., U.S.
- “The Role of Experimental Research and Advanced Monitoring in QC and Reliability Based Design of Deep Foundations and GI Techniques,” Noel Huybrechts, Belgian Building Research Institute
- “Challenges in the Design of Jet Grouted Structures,” Alessandro Flora, Ph.D, University of Napoli Federico II, Italy
- “Specification, Procurement, Quality Control and Certification of Bottom-Feed Stone Columns,” Giovanni Vaciago, Studio Geotechnico Italiano, Italy
In addition, the conference features three invited speakers:
- “The Evolution of an Industry,” Stefano Trevisani, P.Eng., CEO, Trevi S.p.A.
- “Mega Challenge: USACE Dams and Levee Rehabilitation Worldwide,” David B. Paul, P.E., Lead Civil Engineer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- “Water Infrastructure Challenges in Italy,” Giovanni Ruggeri, Dr. Ing., ICOLD Italy, and Vincenzo Chieppa, Manager, Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, Italy
For more information about the conference, visit www.dfi-effc2018.org.