In its June 2016 letter to customers and industry partners, TRI noted a number of company updates:
- Shawn Hutcherson, P.E., has joined TRI’s Geotechnical and Interaction Division (GID) as a senior engineer. He will be the principal point of contact for traditional geotechnical testing. Hutcherson will work with Dr. Jeffrey Kuhn, P.E., Ph.D., the division manager of the GID.
- TRI announced the promotion of Kuhn to division manager of the company’s GID. In this role he provides senior management and customer technical support for TRI’s labs performing geotechnical, interface friction, interaction pull-out and direct sliding resistance, large-scale connection, and reinforced soil system analyses.
- TRI bid farewell and best wishes to John Allen, TRI’s director of the GID laboratory since 2005. Allen has accepted a position with CETCO, a GCL manufacturer based in suburban Chicago.
- TRI’s Equipment Design/Build Department had added Jim Kizer to its staff, bringing experience in machining, electronics, and data acquisition.
- In a new technical contribution to the field, TRI announced the release of a new paper: “The Characteristic Flow Equation: A Tool for Engineers and Scientists,” authored by equipment development lead and principal investigator, Richard Lacey, P.E.