The annual Environmental Connection (EC) conference and trade show organized by the International Erosion Control Association (IECA) and the biennial World of Coal Ash (WOCA) event are both currently calling for abstracts.
EC 2017 will be held Feb. 21–24, 2017, at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta. Its call for abstracts deadline is May 31, 2016.
Suggested topics for EC–’17 include:
- post-construction stormwater issues or opportunities beyond bank stabilization (e.g., infiltration basins/gardens, etc.).
- new technology (aside from UASs) such as new surveying techniques/equipment, GIS-guided equipment, and water monitoring.
- waters of the United States (WOTUS) issues.
- pipeline/drilling issues and/or solutions.
- soil amendments (biological, chemical, physical) for better plant establishment and soil properties and species selection.
- improving sediment basin performance.
- transportation project stormwater controls—balancing roadway safety with BMPs.
The WOCA conference and trade show is May 8–11, 2017, in Lexington, Ky. The WOCA call for abstracts deadline is Nov. 7, 2016.
The primary WOCA topics include:
- regulatory initiatives.
- new and emerging technologies.
- case studies.
- coal combustible residuals (CCRs) applications.