65th Annual Highway Geology Symposium July 7-10 in Laramie
The 65th Annual Highway Geology Symposium (HGS) will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Laramie, Wyo., July 7-10, 2014.
Monday, July 7, is devoted to a morning meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Geosynthetics Committee, followed by a half-day “Geosynthetics in Roadway Design” session that afternoon.
Presenters for Geosynthetics in Roadway Design include:
- Barry Christopher (Christopher Consultants)
- Gordon Keller (retired U.S. Forest Service)
- Jim Coffin (WYDOT)
- Sam Allen (TRI/Environmental Inc.)
- Jorge Zornberg (University of Texas-Austin)
- Eli Cuelho (Western Transportation Institute)
The Highway Geology Symposium starts with a welcome reception Monday evening. The symposium will take place during the next three days, July 8-10, with technical sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, and a field trip and banquet on Wednesday, July 10.
The hotel has a group rate of $83 plus tax per night for a standard room for reservations made before June 20.