Layfield’s Andrew Mills is new president.
The Fabricated Geomembrane Institute (FGI) announced in a May 30 press release its new officers and board of directors elected during its biennial membership meeting in Long Beach, Calif. April 3, 2013.
Before introducing the new officers and directors, Tim Stark, FGI technical director and professor of civil engineering at the University of Illinois, acknowledged the service of the outgoing officers and board members: Ray Peebles (Cooley Group), John Heap (Colorado Lining), Stuart Lange (Lange Containment), Gary Kolbasuk (Raven Industries), Jared Santoro (Bend Tarp and Lining), and Dave McLaury (DemTech).
In the press release, Stark paid special tribute to Lange and Heap for their previous service with the PVC Geomembrane Institute (PGI) and, later with FGI, and both have agreed to continue assisting and participating with the FGI.
The recently elected FGI officers will serve a two-year term (2013–2015):
- President—Andrew Mills (Layfield Group)
- Vice president—David Martin (InterTape)
- Treasurer—Kent Metzger (West Texas Plastics)
- Secretary—Jeremiah Boorsma (AccuGeo Liner)
The recently elected FGI board of directors will also serve a two-year term (2013–2015):
- Bill Barnes (InterWrap)
- Pat Elliott (Colorado Lining)
- John Goers (independent consultant)
- Steve Hobbs (Leister Technologies)
- Glen Knopp (Inland Tarp and Liner)
- Roland Nifong (Raven Industries)
- Stan Slifer (Watersaver Co.)
- Greg Yaple (Sinclair Equipment)
The FGI is a consortium of manufacturers, fabricators, installers, designers, regulators, and material suppliers of fabricated geomembranes.