Deadline for submission: May 18, 2012
The Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) announced in a Feb. 13 press release a new Member Scholarship award that provides tuition expenses at an accredited college, university, or technical school. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, community service, and interest in a career path that includes the development, specification or application of technical textiles.
The release noted that to qualify for the GMA Member Scholarship, applicants must be employed by or related to an employee of a GMA member company.
The GMA scholarship is offered under the umbrella of the Industrial Fabrics Foundation (IFF) scholarships that provide access to education for industry employees, their family members, and future employees. Donations from individuals, corporations, and other organizations support the IFF and its scholarship program.
The IFF is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to furthering education and research in specialty fabrics.
The application deadline for the 2012 GMA scholarship is May 18, 2012.
Selection criteria: This $1,000 scholarship award provides tuition expenses at an accredited college, university or technical school. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, community service and interest in a career path which includes the development, specification or application of technical textiles. To qualify for the GMA Member Scholarship award, applicants must be employed by or related to an employee of a Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) member company. The scholarship will apply to the 2012–13 academic year and will be paid directly to the student’s school for fall semester tuition.
To qualify for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- be an employee or related to an employee of a GMA member company.
- be pursuing a degree in an accredited college, university or technical school.
- show successful academic achievement.
- demonstrate leadership in school and community.
- relate work experience and history.
- indicate a financial need.
- complete the scholarship application and return to the IFF office with required support documents.
Deadline: Scholarship application and three (3) reference letters must be received on or before May 18, 2012. Reference letters should comment on the applicant’s character and potential for leadership and for making a significant contribution as a future employee. Letters of reference must be from:
- representative of the member company with which applicant is affiliated.
- high school, college, university, or technical school advisor.
- a person (not a relative) who has known the applicant for at least three years.
Industrial Fabrics Foundation
Attn: Ruth Stephens, Managing Director
1801 County Road B. West
Roseville, MN 55113
Electronic submission to (PDF format only, in one file, using applicant’s name as title): firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: Contact Ruth Stephens via phone: +1 651 225 6545, fax: +1 651 631 9334, or email: email@example.com