The 9ICG is organized by the Brazilian Chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS Brasil) and the Brazilian Association for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ABMS), under the auspices of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) and supported by the Brazilian Association of Nonwoven and Technical Textiles Industries (ABINT).
Geosynthetics magazine is a Strategic Partner for the event.
The aims of this conference are to offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences between geosynthetic researchers, consultants, owners, geotechnical and environmental engineers, geosynthetic manufacturers, project regulators, contractors, and academics through discussion about the main geosynthetics themes via keynote lectures, paper presentations, and debates.
- an overview of new technologies and innovations, by offering a large forum to engineers and researchers.
The conference will be conducted at high scientific and technical levels, and will present applications information to match the expectations of all participants.
The conference will highlight the main topics in the geosynthetic industry and applications. The traditional Giroud Lecture will be delivered in a special session. Keynote lectures and selected papers will be presented on the main themes:
- case histories
- design approaches and numerical solutions
- drainage and filtration
- durability and long-term performance
- geosynthetics in agriculture and aquaculture
- geosynthetics in dynamic applications
- geosynthetics in environmental applications
- geosynthetics in highways and railways
- geosynthetics in hydraulic applications
- geosynthetics in mining applications
- geosynthetics properties
- innovative uses and solutions
- new geosynthetic products
- reinforced walls and slopes
- reinforcement of embankments and unpaved roads
- soil-geosynthetic interaction
An international exhibition will be opened to the conference delegates and visitors to show the latest technological innovations, products, applications, and services provided by the geosynthetics industry.
The conference venue has outstanding exhibition facilities, with 2,000m2 of available space for about 80 exhibitors (manufacturers, laboratories, consultants, contractors, suppliers, installers, agencies, project offices, and all organizations related to geosynthetics).
Detailed information for both the 9IGC and the international exhibition is available at: www.9icg-brazil2010.info
The 9ICG will be held at the Sofitel Jequitimar in Guarujá, Brazil.
Guarujá is a beautiful coastal town about 88km (55mi) from the city of São Paulo, which is the largest urban area in South America and offers a variety of cultural, tourist, and gastronomic attractions.
English is the official language of this conference.