By Beth Wistrcill, Manager, Geosynthetics Conferences and Events
Editor’s Note: We asked the new Manager for Geosynthetics Conferences and Events, Beth Wistrcill, to offer her take on why you should attend the GeoAmericas2008 Conference and Exhibition in Cancún March 2-5, 2008.
- The first. This is the first-ever Pan-American Geosynthetics Conference and Exhibition! It promises to be a valuable forum for engineers, practitioners, and academe to explore current and potential products, applications, and services for the geosynthetics industry.
- Learn. Attending GeoAmericas 2008 is an excellent opportunity to learn from technical, product, and engineering experts about all aspects of geosynthetics research, design, and manufacturing. What are the prospects for you and your company in the marketplace of all of the Americas?
- Technical sessions. GeoAmericas-2008 will provide every attendee with excellent opportunities for participation in extensive training, educational programs, and technical sessions that will allow attendees to gather resources specific to their needs.
- Exhibition! The industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers, consultants, and geotechnical contractors will exhibit their products, applications, and services to the engineering and construction communities throughout all of the Americas.
- Pan-American. GeoAmericas-2008 offers a unique opportunity to network with industry experts from throughout North, South, and Central America. You will be surrounded by the possibilities for your company’s marketplace opportunities in the Americas.
- GMA. The Geosynthetic Materials Association and GMA Mexico will host a reception and GMA annual membership meeting during GeoAmericas-2008 in Cancún. The meeting will be open to all GMA members and all interested manufacturers, distributors, and ancillary companies.
- Resorts. GeoAmericas 2008 is in Cancún—Mexico’s most desirable tourist destination and home of some of the world’s greatest seaside resorts.
- Golf and Spa. The host Hilton Cancún features an 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course plus a full-service fitness salon and spa.
- Travel. Enjoy the beauty and splendor of the Yucatán, including Mayan ruins, the nearby island of Cozumel, or snorkeling in tropical lagoons.
- Climate. Located in the state of Quintana Roo in the Yucatan Peninsula region, Cancún enjoys a pleasant subtropical climate, offering the unparalleled beauty of the Caribbean Sea’s turquoise blue water and white sand beaches. Plus, you will enjoy soothing, sunny temperatures ranging between lows of about 70°F (21°C) to highs of about 80°F (27ºC) next March.