Geosynthetics in Agriculture and Aquaculture, Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Morning Session (10 a.m.–12 p.m.): Geosynthetics in Agriculture (George Koerner, moderator)
- Geosynthetic Use to Facilitate a Double Fruit Harvest inTaiwan—Wayne Hsieh of NPUST
- Geosynthetic Capillary Barrier for Increased Water Storage—John Allen of TRI/Environmental and John McCartney of the University of Arkansas
- Agriculture Bags and Bio-Digesters—George Koerner
- Animal Waste Lagoon Liners Using GCLs—Jim Olsta of CETCO
- Odor Control Floating Lagoon Cover—Roy G. McClintonof Huesker, Inc.
- Designer Additives for Geomembranes in Agriculture—Gary Kolbasuk of Raven Industries
Note: These are consecutive 10-minute presentations, followed by a coffee break, followed by a panel of all speakers for a Q-and-A session; lunch follows.
Afternoon Session (2–4:30 p.m.): Geosynthetics in Aquaculture (Grace Hsuan, moderator)
- Turbidity Curtains—George Koerner of GSI
- Inland State Fish Hatchery in South Dakota—Firestone andComanco Joint Presentation
- Wave and Current Loads on Fishnet Cages and Pens—Rich Weggel of Drexel University
- Anchored Geosynthetic Underwater Habitats—Ian Peggs ofI-CORP
- Shrimp Farm Liners in Indonesia—Boyd Ramsey of GSE
- Health Aspects of Fish Farms and Bacteria Removal—Wayne Hsieh of NPUST
- Geotextile Tubes as Artificial Reefs—Grace Hsuan of Drexel University
Note: These are consecutive 10-minute presentations, followed by a soft-drink break, followed by a panel of all speakers for a Q-and-A session with the audience.
- “The Need of Ongoing Research for the Health and Welfare of the Geosynthetics Industry”—Bob Denis ofSolmax International