The Geosynthetic Institute (GSI) will sponsor a webinar, “Lifetime Predictions of Nonexposed and Exposed Geosynthetics,” on June 8, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT. Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) member companies and their employees receive discounted rates on all GSI webinar and short course registrations.
Learning objectives of the webinar
Webinar participants will gain familiarity of how lifetime prediction of all polymeric materials are made, including geosynthetics. The technique is incubation at several high temperatures so as to accelerate degradation, measure property changes, and then to extrapolate down to site-specific (i.e., actual) temperatures so as to estimate lifetime.
- Learn about lifetime prediction methods for polymers
- Learn specifically about the methodology with respect to geosynthetics
- Learn about the nonexposed halflife of HDPE geomembranes
- Understand that lifetime of nonexposed geosynthetics are generally far greater than typical civil engineering applications and other components
- Learn about lifetimes of 19 different geosynthetics under simulated exposed conditions
Public and private regulators and facility owners, civil and industrial engineers, property developers, contractors and installers, academic and research groups, the general lay public and others desiring technically related information on this most frequently asked question.
Specific topics covered
- Covered Lifetime Using Lab Simulation
- Results for Covered HDPE Geomembranes
- Exposed Lifetime Using Weathering Devices
- Results for 19 Different Exposed Geosynthetics
Webinars cost $200.00 for GSI and GMA members, and $250.00 for nonmembers. Successful completion of a multiple-choice test after the webinar carries 1.5 professional development hours (PDH).
For more information or to register, visit the GSI webinar webpage.