The Global Waste Management Symposium (GWMS), to be held Feb. 13–16, 2022, in Indian Wells, Calif., is the leading forum for the presentation of applied and fundamental research, case studies, and policy analysis on solid waste and materials management.
GWMS invites researchers, engineers, designers, academicians, students, facility owners and operators, regulators and policymakers to participate.
GWMS will include oral and poster presentations as well as social events to give ample opportunities for technical interaction and discussion.
GWMS invites abstracts in all areas related to solid waste engineering and management, including, but not limited to:
- Waste minimization and reuse
- Waste management planning
- Landfill operation and design
- Organics diversion/composting/anaerobic digestion
- Elevated temperatures/subsurface reactions in landfills
- Global climate change and greenhouse gas emissions
- Life cycle assessment
- Sustainable materials management
- Wastes from energy production (e.g., coal ash)
- Waste containment and geosynthetics
- Odor emissions and management
- Leachate treatment and management
- Recycling and material markets
- Landfill gas production, collection, emissions, modeling, and treatment
- Waste-to-energy/Thermal Conversion
- Waste collection, transport, equipment and safety
- Waste characterization
- Management of aqueous and special wastes of broad interest
Visit Abstract Submission Guidelines and Instructions for more information.
An abstract template is available for download here. This template must be used.
To submit an abstract, click here.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is May 14, 2021.
Notification to authors regarding whether or not the abstract is accepted will be provided by Aug. 31, 2021.