Tensar will sponsor a webinar, “Environmental Ethics for Engineers,” on July 30, from 1 to 2 p.m. EDT.
This webinar looks at issues of ethics in the practice of engineering, using environmental ethics as the specific framework for the session. The discussion will include:
- The importance of ethics in engineering practice
- A review of codes of ethics, their application and limitations
- An overview of ethical theories
- An introduction to environmental ethics and concepts in this area, which have bearing on ethical decision-making
- A real-world example illustrating the need for ethical decision-making and the consequences of its absence
The objective of the session is to provide a framework for decision-making, as opposed to a prescriptive set of rules or requirements.