As IFAI has been receiving a number of questions regarding the federal government PPE procurement process, the following is a reminder on how to submit a bid to be considered for a contract. The information provided here outlines the only available process at this time to be considered for an award. The offering for consideration must be in the form of a stipulated finished product.
Offers to supply textile inputs such as fabrics suitable for PPE applications are not relevant to this process and will not be considered. If you are a textile input producer, you must work in conjunction with cut and sew manufacturers in the supply chain so that you can offer delivery of the finished product.
To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation.
- This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
We strongly encourage you to alert IFAI when you, or your customers, submit a quote. Please send a brief summary of any submitted proposals that you are involved in to Janelle Buerkley by clicking here. Having such information will allow us to track response levels and follow up directly with our government contacts to flag member proposals as coming from an established manufacturer.
Additional notes and tips for responding to the solicitation:
- Please play close attention to Section IV “Quote Preparation Instructions” in the solicitation, pasted in part below.
The Offeror shall propose a firm fixed unit price quote and number of units on hand for any of the items in Attachments A through E. All proposed items shall be in accordance with FDA, HHS, CDC regulations and guidelines. Offeror shall provide product manufacturer and part number, description, and literature must be included in the proposal for consideration. Products will be subject to Government testing. The contract for any defective items not passing testing will be terminated for cause and forwarded to FEMA’s debarring official. Any other items shall not be acceptable. Offerors may submit price quotes using their own normal commercial quote format as long as the applicable price schedule information is included. Price quotes should also include the offeror’s company name, address, phone number, DUNS or CAGE Code, and reference the RFP number (70FA2020R00000011).
- Products being sought, along with columns to indicate available quantities and unit prices, are listed in the Attachment A Excel spreadsheet to the solicitation. Anything that is not listed in Attachment A is not being sought at this time. You may wish to use the modified version of the spreadsheet, click here to download it. This version was provided to us by the acquisition task force in a format that includes fields for both current capabilities and future capabilities for May–November.
- Further supporting documentation and requirements regarding needed gowns/coveralls, gloves, face shields, and face masks are included in Attachments B-E to the solicitation. We understand from direct conversations with the COVID-19 Task Force staff and the White House that there is a particularly urgent need for level 1–3 gowns at present, with levels 1 and 2 representing the bulk of the need.
- Attachments F, G and H to the solicitation include a series of submitted questions and answers regarding the solicitation.
- Once you have thoroughly reviewed the solicitation and prepared your response, your submission/quotation should be emailed to FEMA-COVID19 SOLICITATIONS@fema.dhs.gov.
- If you need additional support or have questions navigating this process, please contact Katie Arrington with the COVID-19 acquisition task force at:
Chief Information Security Officer for
Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition
For further COVID-19 related questions, please email IFAI by clicking here.