This summer the organizing committee will be hard at work developing the schedule and other features of the conference, to be held March 8–10, 2020, in Charleston, S.C. Its goal is to bring together a comprehensive array of case studies that focus on the many applications of geosynthetics as well as in-depth pre-show short courses that will be open to all attendees at no extra cost. The following individuals are bringing together the conference.
Program Committee Chair
Robert Lozano, The Reinforced Earth Company
General Committee Members
Melissa Beauregard, Ph.D., United States Air Force Academy
Todd R. Berger, Geosynthetics magazine
Jon Curry, Geosynthetic Materials Association
Jennifer E. Nicks, Ph.D., P.E., Federal Highway Administration
Michael R. Simac, P.E., EARTH Improvement Technologies
John M. Allen, P.E., CETCO Environmental Products
Technical Program Project Manager
Megan Firl, Industrial Fabrics Association International
Barbara J. Connett, Industrial Fabrics Association International
Visit www.GeosyntheticsConference.com to learn more about the team.
Supported by IGS North America
Our friends at IGS North America have renewed their commitment to support the conference. They will be taking an active hand in the program development and conference activities.
The Geosynthetics Conference is proud to announce the initial lineup of supporting organizations. Members and employees of these groups will receive special consideration during registration. In addition, several of these groups are organizing special sessions.
- Association for Mechanically Stabilized Earth (AMSE) www.amsewalls.org
- ASTM International www.astm.org
- Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) www.cgs.ca
- China Nonwovens & Industrial Textiles Association (CNITA) cnita.org.cn
- Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) www.dfi.org
- Erosion Control Technology Council (ECTC) www.ectc.org
- Fabricated Geomembrane Institute (FGI) www.fabricatedgeomembrane.com
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) www.fhwa.dot.gov
- Geo-Institute of ASCE (G-I) www.asce.org/geotechnical-engineering/geo-institute
- Geosynthetic Institute (GSI) www.geosynthetic-institute.org
- International Association of Geosynthetic Installers (IAGI) www.iagi.org
- Transportation Research Board www.trb.org
- University of South Carolina Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering www.ce.sc.edu
- United States Universities Council on Geotechnical Education and Research (USUCGER) www.usucger.org
There are three hotels in the Geosynthetics Conference room block, all within walking distance of the convention center.
DoubleTree by Hilton North Charleston–Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport Hotel and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Book your room by February 14, 2020, to receive the conference rate of $179.
Barbara J. Connett, Secretary General
Geosynthetics Conference 2020: CASE STUDIES