Layfield Geosynthetics and Presto Geosystems will host a free webinar, “Basics of Road Design Using Innovative Engineered Technologies,” on Aug. 20, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. MDT.
Roadway surfaces built over weak subgrades can degrade due to base deterioration that causes deflections, rutting and cracking in the surface layer. The GEOWEB 3D soil confinement system reduces the vertical pressure and provides a high-stiffness foundation, thereby increasing the load capacity of the subgrade to more effectively handle heavy and repeated vehicle loads. In the base layer under hard pavements, confinement of aggregate significantly reduces movement and settlement for increased pavement life.
- Learn how geosynthetics and the GEOWEB 3D confinement system can drastically improve the service life of roads
- Learn how to upgrade and reduce maintenance of gravel haul and/or country roads
- Learn how to build unpaved roads into difficult access areas
- Learn how to minimize construction lead-time and cost associated with road base repair
- Learn about using various low-grade materials like coarse sand, reject screenings, recycled asphalt and concrete to build road structures
The webinar will be presented by Dave Mueller, technical product manager for Layfield Geosynthetics, and Bryan Wedin, chief design engineer for Presto Geosystems.
For more information or to register, visit https://tinyurl.com/LayfieldPresto.