In a press release on Feb. 13, 2018, Propex GeoSolutions announced the availability of PYRAWALLTM, an engineered wrap-face vegetated solution for constructing reinforced-earth walls and steepened slopes. The company said the system consists of PYRAMAT® 75 High Performance Turf Reinforcement Mat (HPTRM) and fiber-composite internal bracing, and with flexible setback and alignment, PYRAWALL can be customized to unique site conditions and geometrics.
Propex GeoSolutions outlined the features, benefits and applications of PYRAWALL:
Features and Benefits
- Interlaced bracing provides superior material connection and system performance.
- Produces reinforced soil mass to resist lateral earth pressures and provides immediate erosion protection upon installation.
- Is a Vegetated Best Management Practice Solution for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Storm Water Compliance.
- Superior ultraviolet light resistance for up to 75 years of design life.
- Eliminates the need for temporary metal bracing or removable forms to improve installation efficiency.
- Flexibility of product allows for curves to be incorporated along the wall or slope alignment.
- Provides durable, permeable and vegetated wall face for long-term performance and aesthetics.
- Ideal for coastal climates because the components are environmentally inert and not susceptible to corrosion.
- On-site soil can be used for infill, eliminating the cost and carbon footprint of importing soil.
- System is easily transported making it ideal for sites that are difficult to access.
- If walls/slope are higher than seven feet requiring geogrid extensions, then PYRAWALL serves as secondary reinforcement to redistribute potential high-facing loads.
- Patented triolobal X3® Fiber Technology helps lock in seeds and promote rapid root mass development.
- Available in green or tan.
- Wrapped-face mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) structures
- Reinforced soil slopes (RSS)
- Streambank stabilization
- Landslide remediation
- Vegetated facing for soil-nail or ground-anchored slopes
- Landscaping enhancements for residential and commercial properties
- Wing walls for geosynthetic reinforced soil–integrated bridge systems (GRS-IBS)
For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/PropexPYRAWALL.